Re: Still problems with my Xemacs compile

>It looks as though you don't have audio header files on your system,
>or the XEmacs source is looking in the wrong place for said audio
>header files.  From your prompt, do the following command:
>       find / -name "soundlib.h" -print
>If find shows you that you do in fact have "soundlib.h" on your
>system, you'll have to modify the makefile to look in the appropriate
>location (for these files).  If find returns nothing, i.e. you don't
>have the audio headers on your system.  In that case, you can compile
>XEmacs to _not_ use any type of sound (what sound does XEmacs make,
>anyway?).  I think I compiled mine without sound.  (Check "./configure
>--help" for sound compiling options.)
>
>> Oh, and you mentioned compiling with egcc and -O3. Is the easiest way
>> of doing that to set the env. variables CC to 'egcc' and CFLAGS to
>> '-O3'?
>
>That is one way do do it, and should work just fine.  I think you can
>also specify which compiler and what compiler options to use in your
>"./configure" call.  I don't remember how I did this, actually; I just
>remember my call to the configure script had a million parameters.

OK, I finally made it! After tons of configure options, I finally
managed to compile it, so now I can cut'n'paste in the console like
everybody else ;-) And I did it with egcc, thanks for suggesting
that. I even managed to create working debs of it. That required a lot
of relentless hacking on the debian/rules file to get it working. If
anyone is interested, I can send you mine. Thanks again for the help.