Re: WP 8 problem

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Riccardo Tommasini wrote:

> You have to register at http://linux.corel.com.
>
> But all this is unusefull cause WP is actually for nothing.
> indeed I installed and tried WordPerfect. After this bothersome work
> I discovered that, even though Corel said that this version is
> "fully functional", equations and graphics are enabled only in
> commercial versions of the software!!!!!!!

Yes, but this is explained at Corel's site:
http://linux.corel.com/linux8/highlights.htm

> Hence , what is such a software meant for?

Although I agree Corel could have stated that more clearly, the Download
Version of WP8 is really meant to get you started with all the
core wordprocessing tasks -- if you then find out that WP8 works for you,
you're encouraged to buy the Personal Version. I find this a fair
enough approach.

Cleto