Re: XFree86 3.3.3

Hi

> To change my main PC at work from RedHat 5.1 ro Debian 2.0 I need
> to be able to run XFree86 3.3.3 as I have a Matrox G200 graphics
> card (currently I am running the SUSE special xserver for this
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> card). Are there and debs available for 3.3.3 unstable or
> whatever or do I just go get the binary release from
> ftp.xfree86.org ?

The SUSE special xserver for the card is exactly the one that is
present in XFree86 3.3.3.  If you have no compelling other reason to
upgrade, the easiest thing to do is to wait until the debian packages
show up.  They will be there in unstable in some time.  Trying to use
the xfree binary distribution instead of the debian packages might
introduce more trouble than it solves.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032