Need help with XFree86

Hey All!

Ahh, finally. I got my Debian CD, installed just about everything. Just
one problem. When I try to run "startx" it says:
"_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
Giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

I've tried to uninstalling and reinstalling X with dselect, but it still
does the same thing. Please help! Jeff