Re: first attempt to run UUCP; failed

Eugene Sevinian writes:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to connect 2 Debian machine,
> via uucp. I  am not sure that I  will find answer in  this mailing list,

Sorry about that, I was clouding the issue with my previous answer. OK, you
will need to setup UUCP on both machines. One of the machine will have to
become the "primary" and the other machine will need to become the
"secondary". The primary's job will be to collect UUCP mail from other sites
and to pass that mail to your ISP. The secondary machine will become the
"leaf" site and will gather mail from local users to pass on to the primary
via UUCP. The primary can still gather mail from it's local users as well.

The point of this arrangement is that the primary will monitor it's UUCP port
for incoming UUCP connections while the secondary will (via cron) periodically
call the primary and exchange mail/programs. Should you add more machine to
your virtual network, they will also in turn call the primary as well for UUCP
connections. UUCP connectivity can be more sophisticated than my simple
example. But in any case, one or more machine must listen for incoming
connections while one or more machines do the initial talking.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.3 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK