Re: Netgear NIC card support

This is a Tulip-compatible card. The origional card was actually a DECchip
Tulip, but the one with the Netgear logo is a Tulip clone. I don't know if
it's as good as the DECchip one, but I have gotten it to talk to a
network, using both kernel 2.0.34 and 2.1.125

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it out on a multi-card
configuration. I do know the DECchip works flawlessly with two (That's
what my gateway is running) and do know of another no-name card that my
ISP wanted me to use, that wouldn't work with another network card
installed. It just couldn't detect the interrupt.

Don't return the card unless you can't get it to work with either kernel's
Tulip driver. I have eight of these cards in my home network, including
one of the new ones, and I haven't yet had a problem. The drivers even
detected when I swapped my 10M hub for a 10/100 and worked at TX without
rebooting. I wish I could say the same for the one 3com card I'm using.

Hope this helps. I just happen to like Bay Networks.

--Ian