Re: Is this really the right thing to do?

>Maybe they could get a question like "do you want to get rid of YYY
>too?  It was installed only for supporting XXX but may be useful
>on its own."

Uh... I think I mentioned this a few days ago. So... I guess my vote would
be... yes. I'm all for it.

I guess the thing I was mostly suggesting was a top-level option in dselect
that would let the user explicitly do a sweep of all
no-longer-supporting-anything support packages. They'd of course be able to
interactively decide on the removal of each one. The nice thing about this
is that it shouldn't require and modification to the .deb format or the way
dpkg works. It's all in dselect and how it processes the Packages files.

- Joe