Multiport Ethernet Cards

I'm looking around for an efficient, not to expensive, 10/100 BT Ethernet
adapter with 4 ports.

I currently have an 2 SMC 9334BDT/SC in a Debian 2.0(2.0.34) machine using
the 'Tulip' driver.

I really want to put 3-4 port cards in a mojo machine (12 network
interfaces), and am looking at the Adaptec/Cogent PCI Quartet ANA-6944A/TX.
Price is $695 for 1 card.

I know this card has the DECchip LAN Processor, shared interrupts and is
supposed to run in Beowulf machines, But I wanted to know specifically:
	Is this card supported?
	Can I really have 3 of them puppies in a box (it will only be a Pentium II
Dual 450).

Thank for any advice or pointers you may have.

Walter L. Preuninger II

L I N U X  -- Where You Will Want To Be