Re: Samba

Jiri Baum wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I've just installed the Samba-server (and read the man-pages).  I might be
>> missing something but I can't figure out how to get a list of what Wimpdos
>> calls "the entire network". Can this be done without knowing any
>> server-names?
>
> Hmm, can't find that! The best I can come up with is:
>   smbclient -L `hostname`
> which has the info under "browse list".
>
> Anyone have a better way of getting it?

The smb2www package gives you a nice web based overview of a smb network,
similar to the Network Neighborhood in windoze. You'll probably want to
get the version in potato (980804-3) as the version in slink is slightly
broken.
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>