Slink features

Is there a list of proposed new features for slink?  I'm mostly interested
in what improvements may have been made to make sound utilization easier.  I
have yet to be able to successfully rebuild a working custom kernel (no
sound, no network and a host of errors I don't understand) and the only
reason I'm doing it is to have sound.  I like the overall setup of Red Hat
and the sound card setup is particularly painless but I think that the
Debian distribution better serves my needs overall.

Just curious
Cristov Russell
cristov@earthling.net