Re: programmes to turn emacs text in WinWord

> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to work with Linux but where I am, I am the only one.
> Does anybody know if there are programmes to assure compatibility between
> emacs (or another editor) and MS Word ? Even under licence, not only free.
> Or maybe somehow using Netscape as text editor ?
> After all we can not build a wall to separate the world in MS users and
> Linux users.

We don't.  Microsoft builds this wall by keeping their formats secret
and changing them twice every year.  Anyway, Word should be able to
read plain text files generated by emacs.  You may have to use the
unix2dos program to change from unix to dos/windows line breaking
style.  For other formats, look into Staroffice or Applixware, which
both are capable of spitting out some kind of Word format (or even
Wordperfect for linux).

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032