Re: DNS-DHCP solution for linux?

> Is there any such? It would be nice not having to update the DNS server by
> hand all the time. And using DHCP to assign IP:s automatically could solve
> this if there was a tool for updating the DNS server.

There have been some published patches to the ISC DHCP server (the one which
is in the debian dhcp-beta package) which do this.

 From: "Igor Sharfmesser" <igor@nursat.net>
 Subject: Dynamic DNS patch

 Hello

 Unfortunatelly, I have no enough time to properly maintain
 the patch, but I am trying to do my best.

 The patch is available on ftp://dream.online.kz. It is the
 same version I posted on the list. It doesn't include any
 changes suggested by list memebers, but I hope I will
 implement its in the nearest future.

 Regards,

 Igor

If you are not expert in both DHCP and DNS I would suggest you do not use this
on a production network at present as this is leading edge development work.

	John Lines