RE: If kernel 2.2 gets out before christmas, will slink be releas ed with it?

> The subject says all. I'd like to know if there is any plan to include
> kernel 2.2 in slink or will we wait for potato?

	No!  Slink is frozen, that is, can get only bug and security fixes.
New features and new versions must be included only in unstable
distributions.

> If slink comes out with kernel 2.0, will the binutils and other be able
> to work with kernel 2.2 when it's released?

	Since you are using Debian, you will probably have less risks if you
wait for the new kernel testing and integration.  But there should be
no difference to the applications, since they interface not with the
kernel but with the C library, glibc 2.

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda