Re: remove mail periodically?

Hello,

> I have around 10.000 mails in this folder now and it takes a while to open
> it so I'm wondering if there is some tool I can use to remove the old
> mails? Maybe periodically in a cron job? I'm using mutt with the Maildir
> format..

Maildir format - that means messages in individual files?

If so, then you should be able to simply delete them with an appropriate
"find" command, perhaps from a cron job (add a file to /etc/cron.daily).

Try:
  find . -mtime 7 -exec ls -l {} \;

Substitute whatever you like for the "ls -l".

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>