problems+suggestions

I'll take the suggestion first :)

Wouldn't it be nice if a configuration of all installed packages could be
saved in some data file that you could put on a disk and whenever you want
to install a new machine or go back to this good configuration you just
load the data-file into dselect or whatever program that gets/installs
packages. Some different default configs could also be shipped with
the dist to be used by new debian people.

Maybe this is already possible? Tell me please!

Maybe some history function in dselect would be useful to have so it
would be possible to go back to a working config. And well, wouldn't it be
possible to have a HUGE warning if trying to remove things that dselect
(or whatever package program running) depends on? (read on to understand
why I think so:)

Ok, for the problems...

I wanted to remove the gnome packages and somehow some other things
slipped away as well. When trying to start dselect now it says

dselect: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2: undefined symbol
__register__frame__info

What deb(s) do I have to do to fix it?

Another things is that I can't get rid of the xfstt because of an error in
the startup script...

As if that wasn't enough, I can't start X anymore after upgrading the
hardware. I swapped motherboard+mem+kbd+mouse(from ps/2 to serial). It
just hangs on a black screen or the gray grid like screen at X startup..

IN SHORT: I'm about to re-install..

Now when I'm going to re-install it would've been nice to have a good
config to go back to and not having to go through the package selection
procedure again...

//ben
--
http://surf.to/anTiX