Re: Re : RE: please help me: problems for users!

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mitch Blevins wrote:

> M.C. Vernon wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Patrick RICHARD wrote:
> >
> > > I choose the shadow mode and I create the new users with the command
> > > "adduser"
> >
> > Can you post /etc/passwd and /etc/group, please?
>
> Please post your private PGP key and pass phrase also. ;)

Red herring. If he uses shadow passwords, then the password field mearly
contains an x. If he doesn't, then it is only a one-way hash. Having said
that, he claims to use shadow, so this shouldn't matter.

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support