Re: ICQ over IP Masquerading

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Paul Miller wrote:

> Has anyone gotten ICQ to work over Linux IP Masquerading?  Someone said
> something about telling Linux that ICQ uses ports 2000 to 4000, but I don't
> know what to do with them or how.  Can anyone help?

My friends Windoze box has no problems with ICQ, It worked out of the box.
Except for clients trying to initiate connections to him of course.

I have got a VERY basic set of ipfwadm rules though..

#! /bin/sh
ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.0.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

Simple enough?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

               Def: Password: The nonsense word taped to the CRT.