Printing from a Mac

Hello,

I may have the opportunity to be hired as a Network Administrator for the
graphics department of a large corporation.  They have 67 cpus, many of
which are Macs.  I don't know if they have their own dedicated print/file
servers (I haven't interviewed on-site yet, but a good friend of mine is
manager of the department, so I stand a good chance of getting the job).

I have a network at home with a Debian box acting as a file/print server
for a Windows 95 ThinkPad and a UMAX J700 Mac clone running OS8.5.  File
and print from the ThinkPad work fine as does file sharing from the UMAX.
Printing over the network from the UMAX is the problem.  Here is some
info:

$ cat /etc/printcap
# > This file was generated by /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig. <
#
lp|dj|hpdj660|HPDJ660C:\
        :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hpdj660:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:
$ cat /etc/netatalk/papd.conf
# Test Printer:pr=test:
hpdj660:\
        :pr=lp:pd=/etc/netatalk/aplwntr1.ppd:

I have read Bill McGonigle's Ghostscript/Netatalk HOWTO at hitchcock.org,
but when I click on the LaserWriter 8 in the Chooser, nothing shows up.

I'm also wondering if there are any companies that provide commercial
support for Debian, or Linux in general, if that turns out to be important
to management.

TIA for any help :)
Matthew

P.S. rcw, if you read this, don't spill the beans! ;)