Re: custom-kernel 2.0.34 / vfat modules

On Sat, Nov 28, 1998 at 01:35:54PM +0100, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
> I have compiled the a custom 2.0.34 Kernel from the
> hamm sources, on a hamm system. I installed with
> "make zlilo". On startup I get errors about unresolved
> symbols in the vfat modules.

Did you also do "make modules; make modules_install"? If not, it's
still using the old modules on your system.

The debian way to build a kernel is using make-kpkg; it will build a .deb
file containing your new kernel and the modules etc, and therefore they
can be easily managed by dpkg/dselect.

Hamish