Re: How to config XF98_MGA

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Cesare Tagliaferri wrote:

> On dom, 29 nov 1998, cj wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >   My computer's card is Matrox AGP G100,Now I downloaded a server XF98_MGA.It's only one file
> >after uncompress and i put it to /usr/bin/X11,change the config in /etc/XF86Config and Xserver.
> >But it doesn't work.After startx,it report can't find the server.
>
> Did you update the symbolic links "/usr/bin/X11/X" and "/etc/X11/X" ? They must
> point to your server.

NO! X is a wrapper script in Debian, which calls the Server itself. As
mentioned, check that the absolute path to your Server is on the first
line of /etc/X11/Xserver.  All that the wrapper script does, is setup some
security bits and pieces.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

      WinErr: 012 System crash - We are unable to figure out our own code.