Re: No more procmail, now exim..........

Hello Phillip Neumann <filsin@bigfoot.com>,

> Well i still cannot make procmail to filter my emails. But i will give exim
> a chance.... it has failed in chance #1: now is exim that is deleting my
> mails....

Have a look in /var/spool/exim/input/ - are the messages there?
(/var/spool/exim/msglog/ will tell you *why* they are there).

> I run fetchmail and it says getting 3 messages or similar. Then i check for
> mails and i dont have any....

Have you checked in your ~/Mail/inbox ? The default inbox that
elm/mutt/whatever opens is elsewhere (/var/spool/mail/filsin).

The filter file *might* be slightly case-sensitive (ie, try $header_Cc:), but
I don't think it is. (BTW, you should probably use $header_X-Mailing-List:
instead of $header_Cc: anyway.)

Try leaving off the last line (save /home/filsin/Mail/inbox). If your .forward
doesn't handle a message at all, it'll go into your normal mailbox by default,
so that should make things a bit better... Then at least you'll find your mail
in /var/spool/mail/filsin (which is the default box for elm and mutt).

Can't think of anything else...

HTH, or else ask again

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>