Re: How to customize fvwm entries ?

> shaulk@netvision.net.il (shaul) writes:
>
> > Thank you. How a user can set it for himself ? (It seems to me that menu
> > offers a way to do it, only I couldn't understand how)
>
> He can put it in ~/.menu/lyx and run update-menus himself, which will
> create all the files for just that account.  However, I don't think
> anything will get changed automatically for that user when new
> packages are installled.

It seems to me that you are wrong, since when new packages are installed,
update-menus considers the users who run update-menus as well.
I am saying that on the basis of the following lines (from
/usr/doc/menu/html/ch5.html):

	Start quoting "

Debian Menu System - chapter 5
The internals of the menu package

5.1 The update-menus program

On startup, update-menus checks the file /var/run/update-menus.pid
and the pid in it. If there's an update-menus process with that pid it kills
it. If
/var/lib/dpkg/lock exists, it forks to background and returns control to
dpkg. The background process checks the /var/lib/dpkg/lock file approx.
every second until the file's gone.

After that, the following steps are performed:

  1.sets a variable $dirs to

      dirs="/etc/menu /usr/lib/menu /usr/lib/menu/default"

    (and if a user runs prgn/update-menus/, it will add ~/.menu to the front of
    that list)

  2.it reads the list of installed packages

  3.  for d in $dirs; do

	" End quoting.

Am I right ?