Installing a modem connection (was:Re: Unidentified subject!)

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 09:56:03PM +0100, l chinsky wrote:
> how can i install internet via a modem under linux?

What do you mean?  Do you want to install Debian over modem, or you
have already a working Debian system and you want to hook it up to the
net via modem?  If the latter, we need to know several things.  Have
you used the net over modem with some other operating system (like
Windows)?  How did you do that?  If not, can you please tell us what
instructions your Internet Service Provider has given you?

	Antti-Juhani
NOTE: I am migrating to a new setup.  There may still be problems with
my mail/news headers, so *please* trust the above addresses more than
the addresses in the headers.  I hope I'll get this working ASAP.