Modem finetuning.

Evening all.
I got a quick question about modem finetuning.....it feels like my
connection is actually slower than what I had in Win95.

-r option has been inserted into /etc/peers/** file,
REPORT CONNECT is in /chatscripts/**

Numbers I get into my report file pretty much match what I got from Win95,
28.8 and 31.2 Kbs mostly, rarely 26.*
But just there is more general lag, and netscape/ftp download speed is
slower than what it used to be.
I used wvdialconf to finetune the modem, but that is about it.
Any suggestions on waht else can be done?
TIA,
  Andrew

Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | c680789@showme.missouri.edu
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |