Re: Permissions for vfat mounted drive

John Stevenson wrote:
> I created a dos group and tried to assign the win98
> partition as belonging to the dos group, but this did
> not work, only assigning the mount point to dos and not
> the file hierachy underneath that mount point.  I even
> tried to chmod it, but no luck.

I solved this at home, so I don't have my fstab available right now :)
but anyway
I used the -o option of 'mount' to force the vfat fs to belong to the
'dos' goup, (sth like gid=95 i think) and also to force the permission
mask of all files. Warning : this is the INVERSE mask, so 007 grants rwx
to user and group, and nothing to others.

> Any ideas how I can get no root access to my win98
> partion, or is it a Fat32 problem.

nope

hope this'll help

   Pierre-Antoine