Re: How to manually install minimal system

*-Kent West <westk@heir.acu.edu>

| I've spent the last couple of days searching the web for this, but no
| luck.
|
| Does anyone know where I can find info to manually build a linux system
| (software, not hw) from scratch? I want to do this for the learning, not
| for usability.

I think you'll find the Bootdisk HOWTO helpful. With some effort you
can also find much information in the scripts used to create the
Debian boot floppies (in package boot-floppies).

You got some advice to try slackware. Don't listen to it! ;-)

PS: Kent, you remind me of myself. I also did this when I was
"young"¹, and it taught me a lot. Go for it. As long as the
number of questions grows much faster than the number of
answers you are heading the right way.

¹Now I have reached the venerable age of 21 years. :-)
--
...Unix, MS-DOS, and MS Windows (also known as the Good, the Bad,
and the Ugly).                                       (Matt Welsh)