Re: X: exec of /usr/bin/X11/ failed

> /usr/bin/X11 is a directory - no wonder it won't exec.

doh.  yeah, silly me.  it didn't occur to me for some reason that the
problem would be that simple.  heh heh...

> I got this when upgrading too.  Somewhere along the upgrade I was
> asked if I wanted to change the xserver to something, and said yes. It
> messed up somehow and set the default xserver to " "

yep same here.

> You can probably fix it a lot faster by deinstalling your favourite
> xserver package and reinstalling it.  Or even better - just change the
> default to the server you want to use.  I don't know how to do that
> though.

i tried that several times and it didn't seem to help...

> By the way, why do you want to change from s3v to svga?  I use s3v
> without problems, is svga faster or do you have a stability problem?

from recent talks here it seems that the s3v server stuff is being
incorporated into the svga server and that the support is better.  this
all came to light when i tried to install star office 5 and my machine
locked up.  people using the same hardware as me said that it wasn't
happening with the svga server.

it appears that star office has a patch on their site to fix this problem
(good for them) but unfornately the file it points to is currently
missing (bad for them).  so i'm still waiting to print out my word file :(

thanks,

adam.