Re: XF86Setup fails

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, ds wrote:

> Couldn't read card database file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards
>
> What do I need to install to get the database for this.
>
> Thanks
>
> ds@primenet.com

All of the X server packages in slink are broken. Did you get that server
package from slink (frozen)?  When are the -8 packages going to get into
frozen? xf86setup will not work at all. Well, I can cheat it by touching
the missing files that it is looking for but it does not help if the
assistance that is to be provided by the needed files is not there.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!