Re: Notebook for Debian

David Welton wrote:
> Don't want to spend a fortune
> Don't need anything fantastic
> Do want something that works well with Debian
> Don't want to have to use proprietary X servers.

Hm, my toshiba 445cdx (p-133, 16 mb ram, 2 mb vram, sb, 1 gb disk, cd drive,
floppy, 2 pcmcia) cost about $1100, and works great with the normal svga X
server. It could use more memory, otherwise I'm happy with it - and I'm very
happy with the price. The toshiba's in general seem to be well supported
under linux, there's even some of addon utility stuff for them in debian
like toshiba-hotkey and toshiba-fan.

> varesearch seems kind of spendy...  Any other linux specific ones?

Of course, if you think VA is only "kinda spendy", you can probably afford
something better than my humble laptop. ;-)

--
see shy jo