Yamaha opl3-SAX sound card configuration

I'm trying to set up a Yamaha opl3-SAX sound card under linux, debian
distribution. I found this webpage
(http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/solo/216/yamaha.htm) that offered
help in setting up the card, but I'm still have problems. Specifically,
this is what happens:

I've followed the configuration up to the part about compiling the kernel
with loadable modules. So thus far, I've...
1) Gotten the I/O ranges, IRQ, and DMA settings for my card
2) Ran pnpdump >/etc/isapnp.conf
3) Uncommented /etc/isapnp.conf so that it includes my settings
4) Ran isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf, and it gives me the following:

Board 1 has Identity 5a 80 86 00 01 20 00 a8 65: YMH0020 Serial No
2156265473 [checksum 5a]

So now I go into /usr/src, and run make menuconfig (this is where I have
problems). In the help it says that I should select MSS/WSS and FM-Synth
as LOADABLE MODULES, but it doesn't let me. Is there something wrong I'm
doing. Additionally, when I just select MSS/WSS and FM-Synth as built-in,
the IRQ setting I have for WSS (IRQ = 5) isn't suggested.

Also, I'm compiling the kernel onto a floppy, because I'm booting off a
floppy. Does this matter?

Any help would be appreciated...as you see, I'm sort of new at this. =)

Grant Wang