Re: XPW disappointment

M.C. Vernon wrote:

> motherboard can't auto-detect, so I'm trying to read the docs on the CD,
> which are in RTf format. I can read them with a friends W95<spit> box, but
> xpw loads them and then just displays a line of random characters. The
> filenames are ALLINUPPERCASE.RTF Might this be causing the problem?

	Remember in Linux filenames are always case-sensitive, so if the
program takes the wrong case of even one letter only it will find no
file.

	Perhaps you have an ancient XPW?  M$ keeps updating (incompatibilizing)
RTF with new versions of the Word document format.

--
Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda