Configuring dual AT-2450 NIC's

I have a Tyan Trinity, 32MB ram and two AT-2450 controllers that I want to
configure as a dual-homed router/firewall.  I am trying to install the
Linux Router Project which is based on debian.  Unfortunately the lance.o
driver will not autodetect the cards.  The kernel is 2.0.36 and the lance
driver reports that it is v1.14.

I used the AT's configuration utility to determine that card

0000F4AFC6DF is configured as IRQ=12/IO=EC00 and
0000F4AFC6D5 is IRQ=10/IO=E800

I tried first to just add 'lance' to /etc/modules but I got a kernel error:

lance.c: Module autoprobing not allowed.  Append "io=0xNNN" value(s)

When I reboot with the line "lance io=0xEC00,0xE800" in /etc/modules, the
lance module loads, it detects the D5 card twice, and tries to bind it to
both eth0 and eth1!  ifconfig shows eth0 but not eth1.

When I use lance io=0xEC00 it still detects the card at E800!

Anyone have a clue what am I doing wrong?  I do not currently have a way of
recompiling the driver into the kernel, so that is out.

Scott
Scott Brehm                  9775 Towne Centre Drive
Senior Systems Analyst       San Diego, CA  92121
Jaycor                       619-535-3144