Re: [Off Topic] An EXCELLENT Microsoft Confidential document on

On 6 Nov 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

 :
 : >> "A" == AJT60  <AJT60@student.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
 :
 : A> On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
 :
 : >> M$ had confirmed, that this document is a M$ memo. See slashdot for
 : >> the pointer.
 :
 : A> Also, it's unlikely that this was deliberatly "leaked" by microsoft
 : A> (IMHO), because it's not exactly good publicity for them. Far more PR
 :
 : I have not finished the Halloween II document, but the key quotes
 : alone make me think that *this* one was leaked by M$ because of the
 : DOJ case to show that there is immense competition and M$ doesn't have
 : a monopol.

This is an excellent point ... I hadn't thought about it in those terms.
I still find your scenario doubtful, but not impossible ...

 : This one is so positiv, if managers would read it, they would kick NT
 : at once.

So?  OS/2 Warp Server and Novell have at times been compared most
favorably to NT (read, they kicked NT's butt) and people still flocked
to NT :)

Never assume that people, especially management, are rational.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD