Re: icmplogd: destination unreachable from <my nameserver>

[ Your From: address does not work.  550 <ej@goomba.debian.org>... Host
unknown (Name server: goomba.debian.org: host not found) ]

ej@goomba.debian.org said:
> I _continually_ get "icmplogd: destination unreachable from <my
> nameserver>" in my syslog and it's really beginning to bug me.  Anyone
>  know what this means?

I had a similarly mysterious message: "icmplogd: destination unreachable from
localhost".  I used a packet sniffer to catch the icmp packet and look at the
tcp Destination port number.  Then look in /etc/services and see what service
that port number corresponds to.  In my case it corresponded to "biff", which
was fine since I disabled biff in /etc/hosts.deny.

Good luck.

--
Mark Mabry				Tel: (978)964-2264
Avici Systems Inc.			Fax: (978)964-2100