Re: PCI Modem with debian 2.0

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Rakesh Mohan wrote:

> I have PCI inter modem (AOpen FM 56H) on my PC. It works well with NT
> 4.0, but i am not able to configure it for debian 2.0

I think all of AOpen's modems are software based, like the USR WinModems.
Without the drivers (of which their are none for linux) the modems are
useless. So you either get another modem, or try to write the driver
yourself, provided that AOpen will provide the specs that you need, which
I doubt they will do.

Tower
Visit my WindowMaker page at http://www.cs.mun.ca/~gstarkes/wmaker/

    "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."
    				-Neil Peart, Rush, in "Show Don't Tell"