Re: help! I have a strange problem with Netscape

>> Hello! I have the following problem: I've installed Debian 2.0 on my
>> machine and I'm trying now to install Netscape 4.06. At first
>> Netscape couldn't find some libraries. Now everything is OK with the
>> libraries but when I try to start it in X-Term it says: "Segmentation
>> fault." Please help me!

sounds like a problem I had.  I got it by:
1. installing hamm using dselect
2. downloading the netscape tarball from ft.netscape.com, and
3. following the installation instructions therein.

Sometime later and somewhat wiser, I
1. ran dselect, and put a "+" by the netscape4 package,
2. put the netscape tarball into /tmp
3. ran dselect again, and let it install netscape, which now works well.

HTH,
Doug.
Douglas Guptill,                e-mail: <guptilld@accesscable.net>
Box 3401, Hfx South,               vox: 902-469-0262
Halifax, N.S.                      fax: 902-469-0262
Canada B3J 3J1