Re: mutt trashes mail

Quoting Alan Eugene Davis (adavis@netpci.com):
> I upgraded mutt to v  0.93.2-1.  Now all mail that has been read is deleted from my inbox.
>
> Is there a configuration issue?

It may depend where you're coming from. I new in from pine, and built my
.muttrc from "Sven's". It mentions that "hold" became "move" at sometime.
I use set nomove and setnomark_old so everything stays put (and stays
new until actually read) until I explicitly save or delete it.

The only thing I haven't worked out is whether I can leave a folder with
deleted messages in it, and return to find them still marked as deleted
(which can be done in pine). It seems to unmark them if you don't purge.

I'd also like the keystrokes s=foo<return> s<return> to put the 2nd
message in foo rather than making up a new name. But these are details.

Mutt works really well, and compiling the upstream version on the
university sun (and linux) was trivial. Takes up 1.6MB though :(
(Why do I run it on the sun? Because I don't trust the file-locking in
their IMAP server.)

Cheers,