Re: Stopping apache at boot

Dave Swegen <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> writes:

> How do I stop apache from starting at bootup? I have installed it for
> learning purposes (another item to put in my CV :) but I don't need it
> running all the time. Somehow I have a feeling the answer is going to be
> very simple...

should be as easy as removing the apache symlink from the
/etc/rc[2-5].d directories (it's S91apache on my box).

then when you want to run apache, just do:

/etc/init.d/apache start
or
/etc/init.d/apache stop

to start and stop it.

HTH
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +