Re: cracklib mail

-- Start of included mail From:  Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>
> On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Max wrote:
>
> > I keep on getting bizarre mail from cracklib every single day with the
> > following message:
> >
> > /etc/cron.daily/cracklib:
> > 45375 45375
> >
> > Looking in /etc/cron.daily/cracklib doesn't tell me why it's mailing
> > me with those two numbers, and neither do the cracklib man pages.  Any
> > clues?
>
> /etc/cron.daily/cracklib reforms cracklib's cached dictionary
> database everyday using crack_packer.  In my version, 2.7-5, the
> output is redirected to /dev/null.  Which version are you using?

I'm using the same version, and here's the key section of my
/etc/cron.daily/cracklib:

    /usr/sbin/crack_mkdict ${cracklib_dictpath_src} |\
      /usr/sbin/crack_packer ${cracklib_dictpath}

The man page says that crack_packer creates 3 files, yet there's no
mention of anything being sent to standard output, so I don't know if
adding "> /dev/null" to the end of the line will do anything, or will
it?

Max