Re: XF86 config - help

hi all

I have recently installed debian 2 on my PC and after a bit of tribulation and hours FTPing I got it working :)

I was playing around in Xwindows and there was an option on the menu for XF86 config and I thought I'd click on it and see what'd happen.  There was a lot of disk activity and Xsysinfo showed a very busy kernel, at times up to 100%, for a while.  However nothing else visible happened.

the next time I switched the puter on everything works fine until login time.  Xwindows starts, but I don't get a login window and nothing happens apart from that grey screen.

I usually boot up using Loadlin from my CD.  Are there any option that will let me bypass the automatic xwindow load or any way I can get to a normal shell and log in?  Also, would anyone have any idea of what happened and how I can sort it out?

TIA

reply to  jo_london@usa.net