Re: GIMP plugins

"M.C. Vernon" <mcv21@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> 	I want some plugins :).
>
> a) are any debian packages?
> b) if not, where will the gimp debian package look for them?

just get the plugin (e.g from the plugin registry at gimp.org)
then 'man gimptool':

====== quote ==========
DESCRIPTION
       gimptool is a tool that can,  among  other  things,  build
       plug-ins  or  scripts  and  install  them if they are dis­
       tributed in one source file.
===== end quote =======

> c) having installed a plugin, how do I use it (i.e. invoke the plugin)

If it's a filter for example, it should show up in the menu when you
start gimp after installing the plugin since it scans the plugin
directories at startup, so there usually is nothing you need to do
manually, expect installing the plugin in the right place (that is
what the gimptool is for)

HTH
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +