exim questions

A few days ago, I converted my system to use exim as it's MTA, rather
than smail.  While I'm generally happy with the results, there are 2
things I haven't been able to sort out yet, and I'm hoping that someone
might point me in the right direction.

1. Is there any way to have exim rewrite headers for only outbound
messages?  I need to "correct" the headers for my ISP, but I don't
really want local messages to appear as "localact@my.isp.net".

2. Exim doesn't seem to like my .forward file, and I have absolutely no
idea why.  If I rename the file, mail can get through, otherwise it gets
deferred (apparently) forever.  I've been looking through the
documentation, and I can't for the life of me see what's wrong.  My
.forward looks like this (split for readability):

-----
"|IFS=' ' && p=/usr/bin/procmail && test -f $p && exec $p -Yf- \
|| exit 75 #adric"
-----

I'd appreciate any suggestions... Thanx!