Re: Build of xemacs-20.4-7 fails

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 09:47:23PM +0100, Paul Seelig wrote:
> This is what i get when i try building xemacs-20.4-7 (sources and
> patch from slink) under hamm:
>
> -------------------------------snip---------------------
> /usr/src/XEmacs/xemacs20-20.4-5/lib-src/profile.c: In function `get_time':
> /usr/src/XEmacs/xemacs20-20.4-5/lib-src/profile.c:64: too few arguments to function `gettimeofday'
> make: *** [profile] Error 1
> -------------------------------snip---------------------

I had a similar error when trying to build xemacs.  It came down to
the configure script getting my "gettimeofday" parameter wrong.  In
config.h (somewhere in the source distribution), you need to define or
undefine the "gettimeofday" header...  This is vague, but I believe if
you check in include/config.h and search for gettimeofday, you'll find
an option that is either defined or undefined.  Make it the opposite
of what it currently is.

One thing, however: when I did this with the debian source package,
whatever I changed in config.h didn't get recognized.  I eventually
got the vanilla source and installed in /usr/local because I wasn't
sure of how to custom configure a debian source package.

Good luck.

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,