Re: Strange? error with slink ISDN

    Torsten> On: 30 Oct 1998 10:21:35 +0100 Rene Hogendoorn writes:
    >>  I am trying to get ISDN working on my new system. While I had
    >> a working configuration on my old system, I am now stupified by
    >> an error while trying to dial out, i.e. after "isdnctrl dial
    >> ippp0", I get
    >>
    >> isdn_ppp_bind: Can't find usable ippp device ippp0: Resource
    >> temporarily unavailable

    Torsten> Execute the following code:

    Torsten> cd /dev for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6; do ./MAKEDEV ippp$i; done

    Torsten> ippp7 will not work due a bug in the MAKEDEV script.

In fact /dev/isdnctrl is missing as well (It is a link to /dev/isdnctrl0).
I removed all the isdn devices and remade them with ./MAKEDEV isdn-io.
This does not resolve the problem, though.

    Torsten> I just sent a mail to Paul Slootman regarding this
    Torsten> problem.

    Torsten> 	Torsten

I did some further investigation; in fact, ipppd is running, but it did not
open the ippp0 device. At initialisation, I get

ippp0: Operation not supported by device
ippp0: Operation not supported by device

I get the same if I do cat > /dev/ippp0.
Somehow, the device does not accept an "open". I am still figuring out how
to enable code in isdn.o and hisax.o.

--

R. A. Hogendoorn                                       E-mail: hogend@nlr.nl
Informatics Division                                   Tel. +31-527-24-8367