Re: UPS systems and Debian/Linux?

Chris R. Martin wrote:
> I am looking to get a couple UPS units to protect my (2) Debian 2.0/Linux
> boxes. I don't need a lot of running time; I just want to be able to
> shutdown in case of a short power outage. I need a unit with uses a serial
> port to communicate its status, but statistics, etc are not needed. Also, I
> don't have a large budget for this.
>
> I am looking in the 200-300 VA range, or if it's cheaper to buy one
> "bigger" one, in the 600-700 VA range.

 I have several machines using Best Patriot UPS's.  They are cheap
 and reliable.  I'm actually planning on packaging bpowerd soon
 to automate the shutdown (already use it on my Redhat).  If you're
 interested in this package, drop me a line and I'll notify you
 when/where to get it.

 -Mitch
--
This .sig space available for lease.  Please contact:
Mitch Blevins | mitch_blevins@mindspring.com