zip disk

I am pretty sure I installed iomega parellel support to my kernel when i built the last one
And why my system boots i see some iomega stuff fly by but when this is what happens when i try to
use it.:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /zip
mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda4 as a block device
       (maybe `insmod driver'?

i have tried sda1-4 and just sda not sure what the problem is.  Am i typing the right dev for this?
Is there anything anyone can tell me that i am doing wrong?  Thanks you