Re: [Fwd: Riva128 AGP chipset and Xserver]

On Sun, 01 Nov 1998 04:37:59 jvarga@frisco.net wrote:

>I received a new office PC with an nVidia AGP
>graphics accelerator that comes with a Riva 128
>chipset.
>
>Normally I use MetroX as my Xserver, but I'm not
>sure what card configuration to select.  I'm not
>opposed to Xfree86, but don't have the budget
>for something more robust (i.e., AcceleratedX).
>
>Has anyone had success with this card?  If so,
>can you share?

The Riva 128 chipset works fine with recent version of the XFree86
SVGA server.  Simply run XF86config and and select the "Riva 128"
chipset, or "nVidia Riva 128" (whatever it is!).  Full acceleration
and no problems with stability.

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."