Okipage 6e control program.

Greetings,

I have an Okipage 6e that I would like to hook up to a Debian box.
Unfortunately it has no control panel--it is intended to be controlled
with software via a bidirectional parallel port.  The docs say it
emulates a LaserJet 4p, which I have confirmed to be true.  It will
work under Dos without any extra drivers/TSR/whatnot.

My questions: has anyone written a control/monitor program for the
printer?  If not, does anyone know of a source for documentation on
the protocol used to communicate with the printer?  I've checked the
Okidata web site, but no tech manual seems to exist there.

Thanks.

--
  /-Charles R. (C. R.) Oldham   | NCA Commission on Schools  -\
 /-cro@nca.asu.edu              |  Arizona State University  _-\