message with a header similar to the following:
   Sender:  "First Last" <>

I ended up with the following fetchmail messages:
reading message 1 of 31 (1088 header bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <@kira.peak.org> : colon expected after route
fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <carlj> : sender address must contain a domain
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from kira.peak.org

The exim rejectlog had the following message:
unqualified sender rejected: <carlj> H=cjlinux.localnet [192.168.191.2] (carlj)

The header appears to be invalid since it only has a name but no email
address.  In both cases I ended up manually logging in to my ISP and
deleting the message.  Should either fetchmail or exim do something
more productive than just halting, or am I totally out of luck when
somebody mis-configures their system like that?  Since this was
debian-user, should the mailing list try to filter out invalid headers
like this?  I am running hamm with versions exim_1.92-3 and
fetchmail_4.3.9-1, so are there newer versions which handle this type
of situation better?

I would really like to get this fixed, since I have my system
automatically pick up mail, but this totally halts that.  Thanks in
advance for any help.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org