Re: Kernel rebuild

>> "WWU" == Waif W Urchin <Waif@mail.havensystems.com> writes:

WWU> Debain can't find gcc.

Well gcc is a compiler. You can't expet to have this big fat thing on
this few disks.

WWU> Where do I find, and what is cpp?  Is it part of libc?  The version of

cpp is the C (the programming language) preprocessor. It is not part
of libc6.

WWU> And, while I'm at it, are there any other files I should grab while I'm
WWU> in Windows anyways?

bin86, or you won't be able to compile/install the kernel.

WWU> I'd like to find a nice "essential things to download after doing a bare
WWU> floppy install" FAQ or some such.

That would depend on what you want to archive. Maybe you could write
such document (maybe as a mini-howto) after your experience?

It would be a snap, if you had an internet connection with Linux. You
would then simply use apt. apt-get install gcc would fetch gcc and all
other packages it needs and install them.

Ciao,
	Martin

--
from a 1996 Microshit ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"